Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lest we forget



Anzac Day always moves me to think what everyone who was involved went thru. Whether fighting overseas, whether having a son, daughter, father, mother or loved one fighting, and all those young lives lost. I don't think we can ever truely understnad what it was like, what they saw, l am sure they would want no-one to experience what they did. But we can be thankful for what they did and all for us.

I would love to take the kids to an Anzac day service when they are a little older so they can experience it all. I would love to go to Gallipoli and experience the very moving Dawn Service and be where the battle took place.

I just hope Anzac day hold a special place in Australians hearts when my children are all grown up. There are not many Anzacs alive today and l hope when they are in their final resting place that we will still remember them and they will hold a special place in our nation.

Today is a special day, not one for celebrating but one for reflecting and remembering all those brave souls and what they did for us.

ANZACS

No comments:

Post a Comment