Friday, December 18, 2009

this time of year. Blah

True madness... words can't explain.

But this time of year certainly brings out the madness in families. I always thought Christmas meant a time for families and loved ones to get together and spend time together. Well maybe in the past, but in 2009 it is so hard to even get the smallest family together. There is just no time the family can agree a time to all meet up, share a meal together and just enjoy each other. Except they go ahead and just leave us out.

I don't care really as l can't relate to them and just see them for my kids and Mr N's sake (after all they are his family). But they are getting him down lately. I would be rich for everytime he said (in the past month) that he is over his family. It has been almost a month since he contacted them about a problem and they still have no contacted him back. And this is a family who has always said "if there is something you want to discuss we are always here". Yer right.

They have no time for him or our kids. I guess we are lucky that the kids are too young to understand what is happening. I can just see a reacurance from my grandparents. They never had much time for my siblings or me. I grew up and it was normal but l know today it still upsets my mum. Guess it is happening all over again but this time with the inlaws.

Being a christian family too we should know better and do the right thing and show love, and forgivness.... I wish we could just walk away and do our own thing. But thats not the christian attitude. But how can you keep going and kept being hurt and brought down. I mean they don't care if they are hurting us, they can't say sorry as they do not even think they have done anything wrong (from the last time we spoke to them - or tried). So how can you fix a problem if the other person can't even be aware of it. The situation l can't see changing.

I am just not sure where to go from here other then to keep supporting Mr N in this and giving him the love he needs.

Funny how at this time of year it always brings everything out in the open. Not sure how many more Christmas's this can keep going on.

Begining to hate this time of year and families....

No comments:

Post a Comment