Tuesday, March 16, 2010

time has passed

Been quite some time since my last post. Life has been busy for me here and when l have had time l have had a "blog block" and just not been able to write, let along think what to write. I was worried l had lost my knack for writing (not that it is ever exciting but great for me), and even for my photography. I have lost my knack for that too lately. I am sure l will find it, it has to be hidden away somehwere, maybe hidden amongst all that washing l have to iron.

But my latest challenges l believe l am free from. Praise God. Some of you may know we had the church camp on over Labor day weekend and Mr N had been the orgainser for it. We got down there a few days earlier then everyone else to enjoy some family time down there.

Well the day before everyone got down there l was challeneged, Mr N woke feeling tired and achey but otherwise good. He still played with the kids and we spent the afternoon down by the beach. Not sure if he had too much sun or what but he came back with a headache, and went to lie down. I ended up taking the kids away from the tent so he could rest and took them for a walk.

Later met him and he told me he had been ill, so went to the dr, and he waited there as they were to get the ambulance to come down to get him as he could not keep anything down and we did not want that camping in a National Park. I took the kids back and started to stress about how l was to cope on my own and hoping no one else got (ie the kids).

I had the kids in the shower and Mr N had come back to our site, they had checked him over and said he was ok and they would not admit him to the hosptial (which was a 45min drive away thru the mountains), so to just fight it out overnight.

So he had planned so sleep in the car, couldn't have him up and down in the tent all night. But soon he was throwing up even more and it was worse as he could not keep anything down, he was hot and cold, and just so lucid. So he called the ambulance again and they ended up taking him away at 11:30pm and he spent the night in the hosptial. Was a blessing he was on a drip.

I was stressing and feeling ill myself but had called the pastor of our church (who was coming down the next day) and he prayed for me and l felt an lift from the burdens right there and then. Since that time l have not really stressed over the kids or Mr N about being ill.

The power of prayer does work.

I ended up picking up Mr N that next morning and he had fully recovered by that late afternoon/early evening when everyone else had made their way down to join us.

So God is good and does answer prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Praise God. I am so glad you opened yourself to God through Prayer and allowed Him to lead you. What was wrong with dh after all that? Glad he is better now!

    ReplyDelete